Thursday, May 14, 2009

Things I'd like to do before leaving Nebraska


  • Eat at Johnny's Cafe
    I've driven past this place for years on my trips to and from Omaha. It was in some movie that was based in Omaha (About Schmidt maybe?) and I have never been. I must try it.

  • Visit Holy Family Shrine
    Another thing I've seen for years driving to and from Lincoln. It's on I-80 near Gretna or Ashland or something. I used to always think it was a witching tower for lack of a better idea. Turns out it's a Catholic shrine or something, but I still want to check it out. It looks beautiful.

  • WHAT IT IS AS THE H-D-Z!
    This is Dahv-speak for "I want to go to the Henry Doorly Zoo before I leave." It's probably one of the better Omaha attractions and it's usually a good way to kill a few hours.

  • Do something I never found time for in Lincoln
    This one is intentionally vague, but I don't think I really ever made enough time to explore Lincoln and find cool stuff. I've often driven past a lot, and I walked around downtown enough my freshman year to know things are out. Perhaps I'll find them. Any suggestions on something I might have missed? Thinking about Lincoln just makes me want to drink premium beer right now, so we'll see what happens with this one.


Have any suggestions or know something I hadn't even thought of that I should do? Please let me know. Also, I might want company so come join me if you want!

No comments: