Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Well, that's a peculiar laugh

I was walking toward my building on my way to work this morning when a lady behind me made a strange laughing noise. Moments later, a goose honked. I was pleased to find they sounded the same. I smiled and walked into my building to start my day.

I've taken to riding the bus to work lately. It's funny that what was once a dreaded nightmare to me is actually quite enjoyable in the mornings. I still avoid taking some of the downtown buses if they look too crowded, but I've been more comfortable relinquishing control of how I get from Point A to Point B.

Riding the bus is funny. People are funny. If movies were any indication of real life, every bus ride would be the start of some wild, whacky romantic adventure where the woman sitting across from me is really the love of my life for 3 weeks and then we break each others' hearts, yet we learn some timeless lesson about boysandgirls and she's still really cool and we're best friends who exchange knowing smiles from opposing street corners blah blah blah. In real life, it's more of a "let's mutually agree the other doesn't exist and I'll read my book and you read yours and hopefully we don't die on the way to our destination." Sounds morbid, eh?

It's funny though, this is maybe day 3 of taking the 545 to Redmond from Seattle and already I recognize some of the regulars on my route.

It has been a really long time since I've last posted. I wrote about riding the bus...

Wow.

No comments: