Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Winna Winna Chicken Dinna

I don't suppose I have the time to make this one long, but I threw some scraps together this weekend and it was pretty good! I thought I'd share.

I had some steaks leftover from a dinner thing I hosted last weekend, and I wanted to use it and my other leftovers before they went bad. So here's what I did:

  • Cut steak into smaller cubes about a cubic inch

  • Throw steak into a bowl along with some olive oil, worschester sauce, ginger powder, and a little curry powder. Mix all that up and let it sit a while

  • Heat up my bigger cast iron skillet. Should be big enough to hold a fair amount of food. I sprayed it with Pam or whatever, but I'm not sure if I was supposed. Whatever

  • Dump steak in and let it brown real quick. This took under a minute or a minute and a half

  • Dump a cup of rice and the cup of water it needed (I have freaky insta-rice, so I don't know if that's the same for other kinds of rice)

  • Let the steak and rice cook together in the skillet until the water is mostly gone. I stirred in more ginger and curry powder as it cooked

  • Dump all that on a plate when it's done cooking

  • Slice 1/2 cucumber and 1 Roma tomato

  • Clean off some cilantro

  • Arrange it all on the plate all fancy like

  • End up with the following:


Threw some leftovers together for lunch today. on Twitpic

It wasn't half bad and it definitely filled me up.

Things I'd change:

  • Cook the steak seperately or put it in the skillet later. I like my meat more tender and less cooked than what I had

  • More tomatoes

  • I would like to try other spices with it and see what happens



Give it a shot and see if you like it. If you have a suggestion for a change, let me know.

Cheers

No comments: