Friday, January 8, 2010

Like a kid again

I'm a bit delayed in writing about this, but last weekend I wandered into a place in South Lake Union that quickly became one of my favorite places in Seattle.

Jillian's Billiard Club is a pool hall, an arcade, a place to hang out, and overall the place elicited a sense of unbridled excitement I hadn't felt in a long time.

I went with a few friends and everybody started nerding out right away. They have many of the old school "shoot zombies, mutants, and aliens" games and all the knock-offs of the same. There are more of the myriad racing games than you can shake a stick at--including one where you can drive a semi-truck around.

There are pool tables all over the place, as well as a few ping-pong tables upstairs.

We wandered around for a while and forgot how busy we were trying to grow up. By the end of the night, the collection of guys that went spent about an hour battling out over foosball.

Overall, it's a solid place to check out and I'm sure I'll be going back.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

David, there's a new Battletech arcade place in the area. Please find it and play it for me. I'll send you some more details when I find them again.