Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Be the change you want to see in the world

This will be a quick one:

I've been getting fairly 'musical' lately and actually writing songs again. Part of that includes coming up with crap to write about. One idea I have is kind of a response to John Mayer's "Waiting" or whatever it may be called.

One thing I noticed is that it's all good and well to see tragedy in the world and take notice. It's another to sit on your rump, and 'wait' instead of doing something about it. Obviously there is plenty of hatred in the world, but I go with the mindset there is nothing I can do to change somebody else, but I can mold myself into who I want to be. So, the above quote is apropos and I've been thinking about it lately and how I might turn the idea into a song.

I stumbled across this blog post and thought I'd share. Enjoy?

No comments: